[ARIN-consult] [E] Re: Consultation on Orphaned Organization (Org) and Point of Contact (POC) Records

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Aug 3 15:07:04 EDT 2018

Jason -

   Answers below.

/John

===

Can I lock and unlock the record through ARIN online? If yes, can one of the linked accounts lock it and another linked account
unlock it?

	** No. Locking can only be done by staff.

If the record is locked, is ARIN online still fully functional?

	** Yes, aside from being able to modify the locked record.

Does this mean the amount of work a POC or Org would have to do is the same
if the POC or OrgID was restored as compared to creating a new record?

	** Yes; the work is roughly the same.

In what way will the new POC or OrgID differ from the deleted one?
Can it have the same POC handle?  same Org Handle?

	** The new POC handle/Org ID will be a distinct and different record.

Do we just need to re-assert the contact info and re-link with web accounts?

	** This is basically correct. You'd create a new set of records and link/associate it with whatever other records (web accounts, resources, etc) you desire.

Do we lose access to old tickets of that OrgID? or that POC?

	** One of the criteria for deletion is that the POC handle/Org ID not be associated with any tickets (including both open and closed). There should be no case in which a deleted orphaned record has any ticket history to access.

Do we need to re-create new two factor auth and new API-Keys?

	** No. 2FA and API keys are associated with web accounts, not POC handles/Org IDs.