[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Orphaned Organization (Org) and Point of Contact (POC) Records

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Aug 1 19:17:41 EDT 2018

Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
    >> Is there a way to keep a POC from being deleted orphaned, even though it
    >> might not have any current use?

    > Do you have a non-hypothetical example of why that might be desirable?

Establishing and maintaining credentials that control a POC is a some amount
of amount of work.   Login, 2nd factor authentication, etc.   I see no reason
to have to start again.

In the situation where I transfer all my assets elsewhere, and then for
whatever reason, do not acquire new things for 25 months (maybe a non-compete
agreement. Maybe a vacation. Maybe just not in the ISP business for awhile),
I might want to just be able to ping my POC to keep it alive.