[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Expanding the Size of the ARIN Board of Trustees

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sat Apr 7 22:29:27 EDT 2018

> On Apr 6, 2018, at 1:35 PM, John Comfort <john at comfortconsulting.com> wrote:
> Does a six-member board not already provide a diversity of perspectives, geographic and gender participation?  It seems we're just re-iterating last year's "Diversity" agenda using more ambiguous language.

My argument was, I believe, in line with yours.  I said that diversity was not an argument in favor of larger board size.  That they are orthogonal, and that if someone claims that a larger board is, by nature, more diverse, that they are attempting to mislead people by confusing two unrelated issues.

So, I believe we’re in agreement: diversity is not an argument in favor of a larger board.

                                -Bill