[ARIN-consult] Community Consultation on Increasing the Size of the ARIN Board of Trustees

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri May 12 11:13:21 EDT 2017

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Jason Schiller <jschiller at google.com>
wrote:

> OR, we could spread the regional seats having a Caribbean  seat added in
> 2017,
> and designating Canadian seat that is up for election in 2018, and the
> American
> seat up for election in 2019.

Out of curiosity: who was the last "Caribbean" candidate for the board, how
did they do on votes compared to the other candidates that election, and
would anyone who voted in that election but did not vote for that candidate
mind offering some quick comments about why they voted for other candidates
instead?

If well qualified candidates from a region never or almost never run,
that's a very different problem than the membership turning down diverse
candidates.

Also, where are current board members from?

Current populations:
Canada: 35M
Carribean: 44M
US: 326M

So, if the 7 board seats were divvied by population served, 6 would be from
the U.S. and the 7th would alternate between Canada and the Carribean.

Then we have to ask about where in the U.S.... I'd wager California is
overrepresented on the board.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us