[ARIN-consult] How does this improve Diversity? Community Consultation on Increasing the Size of the ARIN Board of Trustees

Azinger, Marla Marla.Azinger at FTR.com
Thu May 11 17:37:56 EDT 2017

Hello

Maybe the email sent out is missing details.  Which leads me to ask, how exactly does increasing the number lead to an increase in opportunities for diversity in the background of Board members?

Ratios of ethnicity, sex, employment ect that are involved in this industry is pretty stagnant.  If you are looking to add diversity in any of those areas, I would think that means you must create a rule that governs those extra seats to have specific requirments.  Otherwise the word "opportunity" really can just turn into more seats of the same thing.

In summary, are their qualifiers to fill those new seats?  Otherwise this is just an exercise of futility.

Regards
Marla Azinger
IP Address Management