[ARIN-consult] Reminder: Consultation on Increasing the size of the ARIN Board of Trustees

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jun 7 18:29:06 EDT 2017

On 7 Jun 2017, at 12:43 PM, bzs at theworld.com wrote:

> Reading over a lot of these comments my reaction is that what's
> missing, perhaps I missed it, is some research into how other
> organizations have dealt with this issue.
>
> This isn't the first or only time this has arisen and the ability to
> reference other models or guidelines in any new policy would seem
> prudent.
>
> For example the following comes up on a quick search:
>
> National Council of Nonprofits
> Diversity on Nonprofit Boards
>
> https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/tools-resources/diversity-nonprofit-boards
>
> This page also includes several links to other resources on diversity
> and boards including for example:
>
> Diversity and Inclusion Assessment
>
>  https://boardsource.org/resources-solutions/assessing-performance/diversity-inclusion-assessment/
>
> boardsource.org sells assessment materials but perhaps that's w/in
> reason, I know nothing else about them.

Barry -

     Boardsource has quite a few materials that I’ve read on this subject
     (ARIN has a subscription and uses it to as a source of insight into
     various topics), and as a result of your post, I’ve read the National
     Council of Non-profits document as the Russell Reynolds article.

     At this point, the Board is seeking input from the community, so if
     your review of these materials yields any specific thoughts, please
     post them here when you have a moment.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran