[ARIN-consult] Reminder: Consultation on Increasing the size of the ARIN Board of Trustees

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jul 11 21:48:24 EDT 2017

> A more reasonable solution to the alleged ARIN problem that does not involve acquiescing to the jesuit-communist Diversity plank, is for women to start clubs, classes or blogs such as the Women's Lunches you stated above.  How many women have applied to the board and have been rejected?  Maybe a study should be done FIRST to determine if the "problem" exists.

I know of at least one who was nominated at least twice but not elected either time. She was definitely a highly qualified candidate and was and remains Secretary General of the Caribbean Telecommunications union.

I know of at least one other who was rejected by the nominating committee despite being a highly qualified candidate with a history of service to the ARIN community.

So yes, a problem exists.

Owen