[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Transfer Fees Now Open

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Sep 15 12:13:56 EDT 2016

On Sep 15, 2016, at 11:48 AM, Cliff Bedore <cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com> wrote:

> Owen
>
> This sounds like a reasonable approach to me but I may have a biased viewpoint.  I am one of the non-RSA/LRSA "owners" of a /24 that I've had since since 1990.  For years I was connected to the internet via a DSL line via Verizon to Megapath.  When the line went bad, I had to switch to a big provider since my provider could not offer another cost effective alternative.  I now have 5 non-portable addresses (Verizon in a twist of fate) and in theory the /24 is not in use.  I may want to "sell" it at some point so I would like a simple procedure where I could show it's been mine (see http://www.bdb.com/~cliffb/bdb_netreg.jpg) for a nominal fee and then be able to decide at some point later to "sell" it.

Cliff -

   The particular process that you seek presently exists via the Specified Transfer
   Listing Service  <https://www.arin.net/resources/transfer_listing/>

   You may register as an approved source of IP address space with the block in
   question, and ARIN will confirm that your organization has rights to the specified
   block and that may be transferred in accordance with policy.   ARIN charges a
   one-time $100 fee to offset the costs involved in providing the service.)   You
   may also (optionally) have your contact info and block size shown in the list of
   available blocks for transfer, if you so choose.

   (Note - The rights to the address block are held by the organization shown,
   i.e. "BDB Systems”, so presuming that you did not merge or sell that entity
   to another firm, it should be fairly straightforward to confirm that the rights
   to BDB-NET remain valid.)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran