[ARIN-consult] Consultation - Retirement of IPv4 Countdown Plan

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Mar 21 10:26:24 EDT 2016

On Mar 21, 2016, at 10:22 AM, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> That sounds like a good idea to me. It sends the (correct) signal that the waiting list is unlikely to get people the addresses they need, so there's no point in being strict about wait list order. Rather, it is more important to get everyone's request approved promptly so they can move on to acquiring space via transfer. Freeing up ARIN staff time to focus on more important things is also a win.

Scott -

   That is our belief - the timestamp based and group review that was appropriate
   for strict sequencing of approvals had merit when we were approaching runout,
   but at this time is a significant sink of staff resources that could be better used
   elsewhere (transfer requests in particular)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO