[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Board Adopts New Fee Schedule Effective 1 July 2016

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Mar 14 16:22:48 EDT 2016

On Mar 14, 2016, at 3:52 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>> If you wished to, you could switch to a registration services plan, and you would be
>> at the 2X small for all resources combined at $500/year.  This would also cover the
>> registration services for all ASN that you have and would include ARIN Membership.
>> Again, I don’t know if it makes sense given your total resource holdings, but it will now
>> be an option.
>>
>> Thanks! (and do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.)
>
> Going to take you up on that…
>
> Is it possible to switch to the registration services program without changing my LRSA to an RSA?

An organization with resources under an LRSA may opt to switch to
registration services plan, but it would only cover the resources under
that agreement.

> Is it possible to do so without getting double-billed?

You get billed according to the terms of each agreement you have with
ARIN, based on the resources and services received.  At present, you
have two agreements and pay for registration services for the respective
resources under each agreement.  Under the present fee schedule,
switching either of these to a registration services plan is unlikely to
make much sense given the relatively small number of resources under
each.  As I previously noted, you could consolidate and then opt for
a registration services plan - this would provide you one relationship
with ARIN (including ARIN membership) but it would appear the total
fees would be larger than you presently pay for end-user and legacy
maintenance fees.

Thank you for the questions – these are quite likely to be of help to
others reading as well!

/John

John Curran
President and CEO