[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Reminder: Consultation onRegistration ServicesAgreement - MORE

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Aug 18 13:21:21 EDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Mike Burns <mike at iptrading.com> wrote:
> You are either wrong, or not understanding what I wrote earlier and what I
> wrote in this thread to Owen.

Hi Mike,

You're wasting your breath. Even if John agreed with you, he's
constrained as President and CEO of ARIN to publicly stick to the
legal position worked out with ARIN counsel. More goes in to that than
just what can survive first contact with a court. Indeed, the best
legal defense is to pick statements that discourage anyone from
challenging you in court in the first place.

Anyway, this has wandered from the topic. The proposed RSA expressly
limits itself to the "included" number resources in more sections than
the original. You and I think it should be more uniform about
expressly limiting itself. Owen thinks it should expansively cover all
resources (which I think would require changes to make it expressly
say so), though he concedes his employer probably agrees with you and
me.

Does anyone else have an opinion?

Regards,
Bill Herrin