[ARIN-consult] Community Consultation: Future Direction for the ARIN Fee Schedule

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Oct 13 00:50:43 EDT 2014

On Oct 12, 2014, at 9:23 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>>  The difference between considering ARIN's governance mechanisms versus
>>  whatever results from the IANA Stewardship Transition is that one in
>>  plainly under the control of the ARIN Board of Trustees (as informed
>>  by this community) whereas the other is quite indeterminate at this
>>  time and will be shaped by inputs from a wider span of communities
>>  who deal with other identifier spaces and wider geography.
>
> John, if you'd like to talk about ARIN governance, I'll go there with
> you. Let's discuss whether it's fair that each ISP has only one vote
> per registered organization instead of a vote sized based on fees ...

Bill -

  My question was the one you state above: do you feel that those with
  larger invoices under the fee schedule proposals with much higher
  fee categories would seek a corresponding larger say in how ARIN is
  governed?

  If you have no interest in the question, that's fine.  If you'd like
  to express a view, that's also fine.  It is simply a potential factor
  in consideration of the proposals, and hence worth raising.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO