[ARIN-consult] Fee Schedule Change Consultation

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Oct 31 00:06:18 EDT 2012

Thank you very much for posting these numbers, John. It really helps clarify things for me.

I support your proposal as it stands today, with the following suggestions:

1. I would support discounts for registered non-profits (or whatever criteria ARIN feels is best for identifying legitimate causes in each country)

2. I would support that included with the first bill which each end user receives after the changes take effect, a promotion or waiver which allows entities which have gotten an IPv6 allocation or who get one within (some period like 90 days tbd by ARIN) to receive a discount for doing so which lasts for one or more years but not indefinitely. This is explicitly "here is a price raise, but you can avoid it by joining the future". It's crass, but it may be very effective. I would ensure that people who acquired IPv6 before this policy went into effect are not left out.

--
Jo Rhett