[ARIN-consult] Fee restructuring

John Springer springer at inlandnet.com
Tue Oct 30 19:37:50 EDT 2012

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012, Jo Rhett wrote:
>>> On Oct 27, 2012, at 10:24 AM, David Farmer wrote:
>
> I will vote against your proposal, and I'm the designated voting person for several entities.  If we are going to provide a discount, the discount should only come to organizations who deploy IPv6. We should not discount any organization which stays IPv4 only.
>
> --
> Jo Rhett
> Net Consonance : net philanthropy to improve open source and internet projects.

Hi Jo,

ICBWH, but I don't think fees are a matter of policy and hence not of
policy discussion or voting, per se. So, I what seems to be going on here
is that the Board of Trustees is running a community consultation on a
proposed fee schedule that is scheduled for implementation in January of
2013. They will then take into account the discussion and views expressed
here before fulfilling their fiduciary responsibilities to the community.

John Springer