[ARIN-consult] discounting registration fees for IPv6 assignments

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sun Oct 28 14:25:14 EDT 2012

On Oct 28, 2012, at 9:09 AM, William Herrin wrote:
> I don't mean "too much." I mean not justifiable: If I deploy it now, I
> won't gain $1200 of benefit in the next 12 months.

This seems to be an argument not against the proposed annual fee change, but against the current and existing price for IPv6 allocations. I don't think this is relevant to the current conversation (because I didn't observe much if any change in the pricing at registration time) however I'd like to state for the record that I would officially support a policy proposal that offered a discount period for IPv6 registrations in order to increase uptake.

* obviously this would require considerable number crunching to make sure it's plausible with ARIN's budget.

--
Jo Rhett