[ARIN-consult] Fee restructuring

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Sat Oct 27 13:24:54 EDT 2012

On 10/27/12 11:23 , Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2012, at 3:18 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> I think the current trend is towards $100 covers your first of each resource class permanently and $100 for each additional resource record. I'm fine with that trend.
>

> I will only support that trend if the discount only applies to organizations with v6 assignments.

The idea is that you get one of each type of resource for the $100. This
primarily means that end-users that have resources already, an IPv4
assignment or ASN, can get an IPv6 assignment without impacting their
annual maintenance fee.  They still have to pay the one-time fees, but
that's a different issue.  Also, if you only had a IPv4 assignment you
could get an ASN without impact as well, and visa-verses, again you
still pay the one-time fees.

The point is, it isn't specifically an IPv6 discount, but for the large
majority of end-users that is the result.