[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Fee Schedule Change Consultation

Mike A. Salim msalim at localweb.com
Tue Nov 20 08:36:45 EST 2012

Hello,

Yes, I am happy to pay for what I use.  I am happy with the great job ARIN is doing, and fully understand and support the need for fees.

My issue is this:  If I am classified as a Small vs. X-Small because of my IPv4 usage that I had requested, that is fine.  But I am being classified as a Small not because of what I requested or use, but because of what I was allocated as an early adopter of IPv6.  Had the smaller X-Small IPv6 been available at the time, that is what I would have requested.  I did not really need a /32 IPv6.

So, IMHO, an exception should be made for those ISPs who are allocated and using a X-Small IPv4, but were allocated a Small /32 IPv6 as early adopters because there was no X-Small IPv6 at the time, resulting in them being classified as Small vs X-Small.  Also, this should be done without forcing these early adopter ISPs to give up and renumber their /32 IPv6 space - we are now actively using our IPv6 space.  Renumbering would be problematic for us.

Best regards
Mike

A. Michael Salim
VP and Chief Technology Officer,
American Data Technology, Inc.
PO Box 12892
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
P: (919)544-4101 x101
F: (919)544-5345
E: msalim at localweb.com
W: http://www.localweb.com

PRIVACY NOTIFICATION:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.