[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Fee Schedule Change Consultation

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Nov 15 20:32:14 EST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, the current state of the current proposal
> is ARIN picking a fight with the legacy holders that fell for the LRSA.

Hi Owen,

What fight? A regular RSA signatory can walk in to court, validly
claim contract of adhesion and then make the pitch that some portion
of the contract should be voided for unconscionability with adhesion
weighting the claim in his favor. An LRSA signatory doesn't even have
that: it isn't a contract of adhesion when nothing is denied him for
electing not to sign it.

If you sign the LRSA and come to dislike how ARIN's policies evolve,
you have no meaningful recourse. No fight to be fought.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004