[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Fee Schedule Change Consultation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Nov 15 15:08:21 EST 2012

On Nov 15, 2012, at 2:13 PM, Patrick Klos <patrick at klos.com> wrote:

> Owen DeLong wrote:
>> Intent or not, it is the net effect. Even an organization with a small number
>> of blocks, say 2 IPv4 blocks an IPv6 block and an ASN goes from $100/year
>> to $400/year, making their fees 4000% larger in a single year.
>>
> Isn't going from $100/year to $400/year an increase of only 300%?

It would be a 300% increase from $100.  Note that we've also discussed charging
only for the additional IPv4 blocks, IPv6 blocks, and ASNs beyond the first one
(effectively providing maintenance for 1 IPv4 block, 1 IPv6 block and 1 ASN for
$100/yr) and this would mean that the organization presumed above would pay $200/yr,
or a 100% increase from $100/year currently.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO