[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Call for Community Consultation - ARIN Services and Database Access for Invalid Points of Contact (POCs)

James Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:43:09 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
> • Template submissions for POC, organization, network modifications, v4
> simple reassignments, v4 detailed reassignments, v4 reallocations, v6
> detailed reassignments and v6 reallocation requests would be returned with a

If the information is bad in the first place, 'validating' will be impossible.

I would suggest modifying the proposal, to make sure  Template
submissions that request to fix,
replace, or delete invalid POC  entries  through Org  or POC modifications
can still  be processed,  even if there are unvalidated POC entries that exist.

If there is bad POC data,  it  would probably not be beneficial to
reject modification
requests designed to expunge or fix the invalid POC.

Even if that means a new Org template needs to be created to 'report
one of your POCs as dead'
and 'request all instances of poc X changed to  poc Y',   or  request
the proper fix of  POC X  details.

--
-JH