[ARIN-consult] Call for Community Consultation –ARIN Resource Revocation Procedures

Member Services info at arin.net
Mon Oct 5 16:27:15 EDT 2009

ARIN is seeking community input regarding potential changes to ARIN’s
number resource revocation procedures.

ARIN initiates the revocation process when an organization is more than
90 days overdue on their registration fees.  After every possible
attempt has been made to contact the organization, ARIN will revoke the
resource(s) and remove the record from the database.  At that time, the
resource is put into a “hold bucket” for one year before it is added
into the available pool for re-issue.  This 12-month period allows
adequate time for the resource to clear any filters, and also allows
ample time for the organization to pay the overdue fees.

ARIN currently allows organizations the full 12-month period to pay
overdue fees and have resources reinstated.  It has been our experience
that the majority of ISP and end-user organizations pay overdue fees
within one week of having resources revoked, but ASN registrants, who
often don’t feel an immediate operational impact from of the revocation,
tend to come back to pay long after the revocation occurs.

To align our procedures with more generally accepted business practices,
ARIN is considering reducing the amount of time an organization has to
pay overdue fees to six months, at which point, if no payment has been
made, the resources would be permanently revoked.  If an organization
attempts to submit payment after the six month limit, they would be
required to reapply. If approved, they could receive the same resources
if they are available, or new ones if not.

ARIN is seeking comments regarding this proposed change through the ARIN
Consultation and Suggestion Process, available at:
https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/index.html

Discussion on arin-consult at arin.net will close on 6 November 2009, at
noon EDT.

We welcome community-wide participation. Please address any process
questions to info at arin.net.

Regards,

Member Services