[ARIN-consult] Automated Template Submission and Testing

Heather Schiller heather.schiller at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Dec 22 11:41:33 EST 2008

My original intent with this suggestion was that ARIN make available a
second alias that behaves identically to hostmaster@ but does not
trigger db changes in the production system.  This way folks can test
scripts that auto generate templates and individuals who have never use
the system can get some practice.

We have built in an automatic swip update function into our address
provisioning system.  When the templates change it would be nice to have
a system to test it against before we release the change into
production.  Also, we have many customers who ask us how to submit
templates to ARIN and would like us to check the templates for them
before they submit.  In some cases they would also like a way to have
their folks 'practice' submitting templates as a training exercise.

The consultation request seems to go beyond this to ask how we would
like the new online system to work.  (Which isn't bad.. I'm just not
prepared to provide feedback on that at the moment!)

  --Heather

  Heather Schiller	Verizon Business
  Customer Security	1.800.900.0241
  IP Address Management	help4u at verizonbusiness.com