[consult] Call for Consultation: ARIN WHOIS Directory Services

Heather Schiller heather.schiller at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Jul 25 17:09:25 EDT 2007

I support the existing suggestions of:
  -support for CIDR queries
  -Following rwhois referrals
  -method to login online and manage your swip records and other arin
   records (would be even better if the login method was with an RSA token
   or the like)
  -Most of Mike Loevner's post - except that searching for 12.0.0.0/9
should return the  /8 (not nothing at all, because IMO, that would be
misleading)

And would like to add the following suggestions:

-Whowas info - be able to search historical whois info enter a prefix and
specify a date range or starting date with a default through the present.
This would help in researching claims of hijacked blocks.

-Clearly Mark Early Registration records with ERX as RIPE does - and
remove the ERX marking when a resource is brought uptodate/under RSA

-Mark 'invalid contact information' on whois records when it has been
reported and confirmed by ARIN staff as such

-Be able to enter a POC handle and get a listing of the resources where
that POC handle is a contact.

-Add the ability to prepend searches with * for wildcard
  to be able to do wildcard searches on the beginning instead of just the
tail

--Heather

  # Heather Schiller                          #
  # Customer Security & IP Address Management #
  # 800.900.0241                              #
  # security at mci.com                          #