[arin-announce] Service Level Delivery Notice

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue Jun 30 15:38:32 EDT 2020

ARIN’s Registration Services Department is currently not meeting the
service level objective of response within two business days for all
transactions.

ARIN recently introduced a trial Chat service to customers logged in to
ARIN Online which has proven to be extremely successful and embraced by
our customers since its release on 6 April 2020. It was anticipated that
the Chat feature would result in a lower call rate to the help desk but
that has not been the case. We released the new ARIN Internet Routing
Registry (IRR) on 10 June 2020, which has resulted in a spike in
interest and questions from our customers due to the high interest in
routing security. With the release of these new services, coupled with
the ever increasing interest and use of RPKI, the Registration Services
Department has received a swift increase in the number of contacts to
the help desk. Not only have we taken on the addition of providing
service via Chat, we’ve seen an increase in both ticketed requests and
call volume.

Due to the success of our Chat service and IRR, combined with a waiting
list distribution this week and the uptick in RPKI adoption, it is
proving difficult for our Registration Services team to continue meeting
our service level objectives of two business days. We will continue to
press forward, arrange for additional team resources, and endeavor to
get back to our normal turnaround times. We would like to express our
gratitude for the understanding and patience our customers have shown
us. We hope to be back on schedule soon.

Regards,

Lisa Liedel
Director of Registration Services