[arin-announce] Policy Implementation Scheduled for the Week of 30 March 2020

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Feb 10 15:25:14 EST 2020

Over the last several years, the community has been discussing ARIN
policy regarding how reallocations and reassignments are made to
downstream organizations. As a result of these discussions, two new
policies will be implemented in the coming weeks. These new policies may
impact you, your downstream customers, and your automated SWIP scripts
or email templates for detailed reassignments and reallocations. The
changes to our systems required by these policies will be deployed
during our next release cycle, scheduled for the week of 30 March 2020,
as previously announced.

When the community-driven policy changes ARIN 2017-12 and ARIN 2018-5
are implemented, organizations will be unable to create Points of
Contact (POCs) or Organization IDs (Org IDs) for organizations other
than their own. A recipient organization must create an Org ID and POC
with ARIN before receiving a reassignment or reallocation.

We have been working actively with community members to determine the
best way to implement these policies because they have operational
impacts for our customers. To assist our customers, we have published a
detailed blog post that explains how these policies will change detailed
reassignments and reallocations.

https://teamarin.net/2020/02/07/two-new-policy-implementations-coming-what-it-means-for-you-and-your-swip-automation/

We encourage all of our customers who reassign/reallocate IP address
space to their customers to review this blog post carefully, and to take
advantage of the upcoming opportunity to test their automated processes
prior to the implementation date.