[arin-announce] New Base URL for Reg-RWS on 19 February

ARIN info at arin.net
Thu Feb 6 15:05:02 EST 2020

On 16 July and 30 October of 2019, we announced plans to implement
changes to our RESTful API. We noted that these changes might impact the
way you interface with ARIN Online for sending reassignment information
and receiving reports through ARIN’s Registration RESTful Service
(Reg-RWS). The changes are:

1. The base URL https://www.arin.net/REST will be no longer be available
for Reg-RWS. You must change your base URL to https://reg.arin.net to
interface with ARIN’s Reg-RWS service. The base URL reg.arin.net has
been in place for seven years as the improved way of interfacing with
ARIN via Reg-RWS.
2. ARIN will no longer be supporting TLS 1.0 for Reg-RWS’s transport
layer. There are well-known security issues with this protocol. We will
continue to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2. Please make sure your client
implementation will support TLS 1.1 or 1.2. Read
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/
for further details.

The change to TLS support was completed successfully, but some customers
were not ready for the change to the Reg-RWS base URL and requested a
short delay. In order to allow these customers additional time to update
their systems, we reverted that change temporarily.

We will move ahead with changing the base URL to https://reg.arin.net on
19 February following additional outreach to the impacted customers who
contacted ARIN. We will send a follow-up confirmation to the community
once that change is completed. We strongly recommend that you review
your clients that interface with the Reg-RWS service and make any
required configuration or code changes.

Regards,

Mark Kosters
Chief Technology Officer