[arin-announce] ASO AC Calls For Nominations to Seat 9 on the ICANN Board of Directors
info at arin.net
Fri Oct 13 09:36:59 EDT 2017
The following message is forwarded on behalf of the Number Resource
In line with the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) Memorandum
of Understanding (MoU) and the ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting
Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is calling for nominations to Seat
9 of the ICANN Board of Directors.
The selected candidate will serve for a three-year term, which will
begin at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Assembly during the
ICANN 63 meeting. ICANN 63 is currently scheduled for October 20-26,
2018, in Barcelona, Spain.
All nominated candidates must meet the selection criteria and conflict
of interest requirements as outlined in Article 7 of the ICANN Bylaws.
The selected candidate will undergo an independent due diligence review
by an ICANN contractor, and announcement of the candidate will follow
once this review has been successfully completed.
Community members are invited to submit nominations by email to
nominations at aso.icann.org by Sunday,17 December 2017 at 23:59 UTC.
Nominations must include the following information:
* The full name of the person being nominated
* Contact email address for the person being nominated
* Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
* The full name of the person making the nomination
* Contact email address for the person making the nomination
* Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The ICANN Bylaws state that the directors selected by a Supporting
Organization (SO) for its assigned Board seat(s) cannot reside in the
same geographic region (see Section 7.2:c). The current ASO AC selection
for Seat 10, Akinori Maemura, resides in the APNIC region. Therefore, no
nominations for Seat 9 will be accepted from candidates residing in the
* Nomination Phase: 2 October 2017 – 17 December 2017
* Comment Phase: 18 December 2017 – 18 March 2018
* Interview Phase: 17 January 2018 – 18 March 2018
* Selection Phase: 19 March 2018 – 18 April 2018
* Due Diligence Review: 19 April 2018 – 17 May 2018
* Announcement: Around 19 May 2018
For further information and updated announcements on the election
process see the dedicated 2017 ICANN Board Election page on the ASO website.
Detailed procedures for election of individuals to the ICANN Board of
Directors by the ASO AC can be found in Section 9 of the ASO AC
If you have any questions about the elections or the election process,
please contact secretariat at nro.net.
More information about the ARIN-announce