[arin-announce] ARIN DDoS Attack

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Feb 26 14:57:50 EST 2016

Starting at 10:45 AM EST on Friday, 26 February, ARIN was a victim of a
massive DNS amplification DDoS attack. This was and continues to be a
sustained attack against our provisioning services, email, and website.
We initiated our DDoS mitigation plan and as of 12:00 PM EST, the attack
traffic effects have been mitigated and normal operations have resumed.
All our other public-facing services (Whois, Whois-RWS, RDAP, DNS, IRR,
and RPKI repository services) were not affected by this attack and are
operating normally.

Regards,

Mark Kosters
Chief Technology Officer