[arin-announce] ARIN Activates IPv4 Unmet Request Policy

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Jul 1 11:00:16 EDT 2015

ARIN activated the IPv4 Unmet Request policy (NRPM 4.1.8)  this week
with the approval of an address request that was larger than the
available inventory in the regional IPv4 free pool. Full details about
this process are available at:
https://www.arin.net/resources/request/waiting_list.html

ARIN does still have limited amounts of IPv4 address space available in
smaller block sizes. We encourage customers to monitor the IPv4
Inventory Counter on the ARIN homepage and the breakdown of the
remaining IPv4 inventory found on our IPv4 Depletion page:
https://www.arin.net/resources/request/ipv4_countdown.html

Organizations that need larger amounts of address space are encouraged
to make use of the IPv4 transfer market for those needs. ARIN also
reminds organizations of the ample availability of IPv6 address space,
and encourages organizations to evaluate IPv6 address space for their
ongoing public Internet network activities.

Please contact hostmaster at arin.net or our Help Desk +1.703.227.0660 if
you have questions about IPv4 availability.

We also host a recurring blog on IPv4 depletion status on the Team ARIN
website to keep the community informed about the status of the ARIN IPv4
free pool:
http://teamarin.net/category/ipv4-depletion

Regards,

John Curran