[arin-announce] ASO AC Call for Nominations for Seat 9 on the ICANN Board
info at arin.net
Fri Oct 24 08:29:55 EDT 2014
Sent on behalf of the ASO Secretariat.
Consistent with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the
Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) calls for
nominations for Seat Number 9 on the ICANN Board of Directors.
Nominations will close at 23:59 UTC on Wednesday, 31 December 2014.
The time frame for the selection process is as follows:
- Nomination Phase 24 October 2014 to 31 December 2014
- Comment Phase 1 January 2015 to 31 March 2015
- Interview Phase 1 February 2015 to 31 March 2015
- Selection Process 1 April 2015 to 17 April 2015
- Due Diligence Review 18 April 2015 to 31 May 2015
- Announcement no later than 1 June 2015
The ICANN Bylaws state that no two directors selected by a Supporting
Organization can come from the same Geographic Region. Because the ASO AC
selection for Seat 10 is from the APNIC region, nominees for Seat 9 cannot
also come from this region.
All candidates must sign a Letter of Certification declaring that they are
of good character. The selected candidate will undergo an independent due
diligence review by an ICANN contractor, and announcement of the candidate
will follow once this review has been successfully completed.
Community members are invited to submit nominations by email to
nominations2015 at aso.icann.org, including the following information:
- The full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address for the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
- The full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address for the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The election procedures are found in Section 7 of the ASO AC Operating
Procedures, which are available at:
For further information and ongoing notices about the selection process,
secretariat at aso.icann.org
More information about the ARIN-announce