info at arin.net
Tue Mar 25 09:01:14 EDT 2014
On Thursday, 27 February, ARIN opened a community consultation regarding
will close this Friday, 28 March, and we encourage community members to
provide comments to arin-consult at arin.net regarding this topic.
You can subscribe to this mailing list at:a
If you have any questions, please contact us at info at arin.net.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
This TOU is an update to the current version of the ARIN Whois Terms of
Use. Due to the nature of the changes, it is not useful to describe the
changes line by line. This new version includes a number of revisions
including the following:
• More robust, clear and detailed identification of permissible and
prohibited uses of the ARIN Whois service;
• Mutual warranties regarding a User's and ARIN's authority to enter
into the TOU;
• Clear reference to ARIN's Privacy Statement and conditions of
• Limitations of liability and disclaimers of warranties to clarify
ARIN's liability in providing the Whois service;
• Defined dispute resolution process in the event a User claims there
has been a breach of the TOU; and
• Various administrative terms to more clearly identify and define the
contractual relationship between ARIN and a User of the Whois service.
ARIN has constructed this new TOU to improve the documentation of the
relationship between Users of Whois and ARIN as the conditions under
which ARIN provides its core service to the community. This was also
done to aid members of the community who use Whois in having a clear
understanding as to their rights and obligations with regard to Whois,
as well as clarifying ARIN's rights and obligations.
More information about the ARIN-announce