[arin-announce] Understanding the IANA Stewardship Functions Transition Process

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Jul 28 12:38:44 EDT 2014

ARIN believes that globalization of the IANA oversight is critical in
developing a true multistakeholder model of Internet governance. Since
the National Telecommunication and Information Administration (NTIA)
announced its intention to transition stewardship of the IANA functions
to the global multistakeholder community, we have been publishing
updates and other information as it becomes available. We also have
started an information page:

http://teamarin.net/education/internet-governance/iana-globalization/

As part of our commitment to the global community and the transition
process, ARIN is also working to develop the dialog in our community
about this important issue. We are currently collecting questions to
make sure we address your concerns about the transition process. Please
send your questions to info at arin.net with the Subject “IANA Functions
Transition”, by 11 August 2014. We will be using your input to help
shape discussion on this issue at ARIN 34 and in other educational
outreach and engagement efforts.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services