[arin-announce] Passing of Tim Christensen

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Aug 8 09:29:05 EDT 2014

It is with great sadness that ARIN informs the community of the death of
Tim Christensen, ARIN's Quality Assurance Manager. Tim passed on
Tuesday, 5 August 2014. He was 52 years young.

Tim joined ARIN in May of 2000 as Database Administrator and quickly
became an integral part of the ARIN family. His professorial nature,
deep knowledge and friendly demeanor were always welcome, particularly
when educating the ARIN staff and community. Tim had many friendships
within the organization and within the industry; we will all miss his
sensitivity and ability to get to the bottom of any issue.

Tim cared deeply about the mission of ARIN and how he could do the best
work possible for the community we serve. ARIN President and CEO John
Curran said, “Tim’s dedication to ARIN, compassion for his fellow
colleagues and love of life were known to all of us here and those in
the community who had the privilege of engaging with him.”

Our thoughts and prayers are with Tim's family; wife Michelle, son
Andrew and daughters Lauren and Megan. Expressions of sympathy may be
sent to info at arin.net, and we will forward them on to Tim's family.

Sincerely,

Mark Kosters
Chief Technology Office