[arin-announce] ARIN Systems Maintenance

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Apr 28 12:37:47 EDT 2014

ARIN has been experiencing power issues periodically over the last five
days related to our UPS and generator system. We have been working hard
over the entire period with our suppliers for these systems, and expect
to have this finally resolved later today. To reach full resolution, an
urgent maintenance window starting at 12:45 PM EDT today until late this
evening is necessary.

Although maintenance windows are normally scheduled for weekends, the
work today is time critical as we need to ensure that ARIN is not solely
dependent on utility power as we have been the past several days.

We do not expect an outage to occur during this maintenance window, as
our power systems will be bypassed for the duration. However, if our
power systems do fail, then the ARIN website, ARIN Online accounts, and
ARIN's RESTful provisioning service will be unavailable, and any mail
sent to ARIN Registration Services would be queued for later response.
All other ARIN publicly facing services (Whois, IRR, RPKI Repository
Services, etc.) will not be impacted by this maintenance work.

We will update you at the conclusion of the maintenance period, and
thank you for your patience as we fully resolve these power issues.

Regards,

Mark Kosters
Chief Technology Officer