[arin-announce] ARIN Community Consultations Closing Soon

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue Apr 22 14:34:01 EDT 2014

ARIN has two open community consultations that will be closing soon.
The success of the consultation process relies on your feedback.
*
**Closing on 25 April -- The Future of the ARIN Discuss Mailing List**
*
Since its inception arin-discuss has been restricted to ARIN members,
and we are now seeking a place to engage our community in dialogue on
important topics such as Internet governance, particular in light of the
recent announcement regarding transition of NTIA's IANA stewardship role.

Does the community support opening arin-discuss to all and using this
list for both global Internet governance matters and ARIN governance and
non-policy discussions? Please provide us your opinion about opening the
ARIN Discuss mailing list.

*Closing on 29 April -- Open Suggestion Review and Project
Prioritization Survey*

We are asking you to review the active suggestions listed below and:

1.    Comment on the merits of each - (eg. Worth doing, not worth the
effort, must have, etc.)
2.    For those you think have merit, rank them in your desired order of
potential implementation.

Be sure to read the more detailed notes at the url for each suggestion
listed:

      * 2013.22: Sunsetting of RWhois support -
https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-22.html
      * 2013.27: POC Validation Messaging Destination -
https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-27.html
      * 2013.28: POC Validation Message Removal Upon Validation -
https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-28.html
      * 2013.29: Improve ARIN Online Form Time-Out Behavior -
https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-29.html
      * 2014.4: Support HTTPS for Whois-RWS -
https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2014-4.html
      * 2014.6: RPKI ROAs with an origin of AS0 -
https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2014-6.html

The information gleaned from this community feedback session will be
used as feedback for ARIN management to help prioritize future work. In
addition to input gathered at the ARIN meeting, we have a survey
available at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ARIN33-Project_Prioritization_Survey

ARIN seeks clear direction through community input, so your feedback is
important to us. Please share your thoughts on both of these topics on
arin-consult at arin.net.

You can subscribe to this mailing list at:

If you have any questions, please contact us at info at arin.net.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services