[arin-announce] Voter Eligibility Consultation Now Closed

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Feb 13 13:47:11 EST 2013

The ARIN member consultation on a proposed change to voter eligibility
is now closed. We thank everyone who participated and shared their
views. We were pleased to see a lively discussion and gather detailed
feedback on this topic.

will maintain its existing practice of the Designated Member
Representative being the sole eligible voter for an organization. We
will, however, add the  text below to our website to clarify the
exception to the requirement that the voter-email domain must match the
Organization or DBA name that ARIN has on file.

Exceptions: DMRs can be made eligible to vote even if they don't meet
this criteria, if the organization's ADMIN POC provides a URL
demonstrating the affiliation between the organization/DBA name and DMR
email domain or writes to info at arin.net explaining that the DMR is a
doing consulting work for the company.

We welcome further discussion on the requirements for DMR contacts and
automation of their management at the upcoming ARIN 31 meeting in
Bridgetown, Barbados on 21-24 April 2013.

Regards,

Communication and Member Services