[arin-announce] 2012 Global IPv6 Survey Reminder

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Jun 18 13:21:00 EDT 2012

On 1 June 2012, the 2012 IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey opened, and
so far 84 individuals in the ARIN region have completed the survey. We
thank those who have participated to date, but we are lagging well
behind our 2011 regional response rate. We need a much bigger response
if we hope to present a comprehensive view of present IPv6 penetration
and future plans for IPv6 deployment within the ARIN region as part of
this important global progress report.

The purpose of the survey is to better understand where the community is
moving, and what can be done to ensure that the Internet community is
ready and moving toward widespread adoption of IPv6. As it is mostly the
same as the survey carried out globally in 2010 and 2011, comparison of
progress will be possible.

The IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey is now online, and we encourage
all members of our community to participate:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GlobalIPv6survey2012

We encourage all organizations to participate in order for the results
to establish a comprehensive view of present IPv6 penetration and future
plans for IPv6 deployment. The survey is composed of 23 questions and
can be completed in about 15 minutes. For those without IPv6 allocations
or assignments, or who have not yet deployed IPv6, the questions will be
fewer in number.

For those interested, the results of last year's survey are available at:
http://www.nro.net/wp-content/uploads/ipv6_deployment_survey.pdf.

If you provide your name and contact information on the survey form, you
will receive the draft survey analysis when it is completed. Please also
indicate whether you are willing to share additional data with the TNO
and GNKS Consult IPv6 Deployment Monitoring team.

The survey will close on 30 June 2012. On behalf of ARIN and GNKS
Consulting, we thank you for your time and interest in completing this
survey. If you have any questions concerning the survey, please send an
email to info at gnksconsult.com.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services