[arin-announce] Counting Down to Online Resource Requests, New Templates, RESTful Provisioning and More!

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Mar 9 15:08:25 EST 2011

On 19 March, ARIN will deploy the biggest system update in the history
of ARIN Online along with launching our new RESTful Provisioning system.
This deployment will change the way all customers do business with ARIN,
and we want to take this opportunity to remind you of what is in store.

It is critical to note that all initial and additional requests for
Internet number resources (IPv4, IPv6, and ASNs) will only be processed
through ARIN Online. This means you will be able to complete your
request via an online form, upload any required documentation, and all
subsequent communication, excluding securing officer attestation, will
be tracked directly in the ticket history for the request. ARIN Online
can also be used to submit IPv4 and IPv6 network modifications, ASN
modifications, and for all types of POC and Org management.

Because there are a number of actions that customers prefer to automate,
ARIN is also releasing updated templates (Version 5). This template set
includes POCs, Orgs, reassignments, reallocations, and Network
Modifications. The nameserver fields are being removed from the Version
5 templates; nameservers will be managed using the ARIN Online
delegation management system. The new templates are available for
preview at:

https://www.arin.net/features/template_changes.html

All templates will require the inclusion of an API key for added
security and authentication. Details on API keys are available at:

https://www.arin.net/features/api_keys.html

All of the transactions that are available using the Version 5 templates
can also be automated using the RESTful Provisioning system which will
also be released at this time. Documentation on ARIN’s RESTful methods
and payloads can be found at:

https://www.arin.net/resources/restful-interfaces.html

We have created a chart to help you visualize which actions can be
performed via ARIN Online, RESTful Provisioning, and Version 5
templates. The guide, Interacting with ARIN’s Registration Services, is
available for preview at:

https://www.arin.net/resources/interacting.html

ARIN is also releasing the previously mentioned ARIN Online delegation
management system. We have created a flash tutorial on the new DNS
management interface. We encourage you to view the tutorial which
demonstrates how to use ARIN Online for delegation management along with
new DNSSEC functionality.

https://www.arin.net/knowledge/dnssec/

If you have further questions about these template changes or other
upcoming features, please email hostmaster at arin.net.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services