[arin-announce] The IANA IPv4 Address Free Pool is Now Depleted

ARIN info at arin.net
Thu Feb 3 11:10:05 EST 2011

At a ceremony held on 3 February, 2011 the Internet Assigned Numbers
Authority (IANA) allocated the remaining last five /8s of IPv4 address
space to the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) in accordance with the
Global Policy for the Allocation of the Remaining IPv4 Address Space.
With this action, the free pool of available IPv4 addresses is now fully
depleted. To read the full text of this announcement please go to:

http://www.nro.net/news/ipv4-free-pool-depleted

To keep the community informed of the status of the ARIN's IPv4 address
pool, we are now publishing a daily report of our IPv4 inventory of
available addresses on our home page, https://www.arin.net.

ARIN still has a pool of IPv4 address space, and we will continue to
make allocations in accordance with the policies documented in the
Number Resource Policy Manual. The depletion of the IANA IPv4 free pool
does have a direct impact on a number of policies. To review these
specific impacts and learn more about how IANA IPv4 free pool depletion
will effect ARIN customers, please see:

https://www.arin.net/resources/request/ipv4_depletion.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services