[arin-announce] ASO AC Call for Nominations for Seat 9 on the ICANN Board
info at arin.net
Fri Dec 9 13:37:02 EST 2011
We are about half way through the ICANN Board Seat 9 nomination phase,
which ends on 16 January 2012. If you are considering nominating
someone, do not wait until the end of the nomination phase. Nominees
will need time to complete the necessary documents, and furthermore, the
ASO AC Qualification Review Committee will need time to review those
documents and select candidates. This must all be done by the close of
the nomination phase.
secretariat at aso.icann.org
On 1 November 2011 the ASO Secretariat wrote:
Consistent with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws,
the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) calls for
nominations for Seat Number 9 on the ICANN Board.
The nomination period will close at 23:59 UTC on 16 January 2012.
All candidates must sign a Letter of Certification detailing previous
conduct and character. We will send this letter to each applicant along
with instructions on what to do next. We are unable to consider
candidates who fail to follow these instructions. Additionally, the
elected candidate will be subject to an independent due diligence review
conducted by an ICANN provided contractor (election procedures section
7.4.9). This review is similar to those performed with all ICANN Board
selected candidates. Announcement of the winner will follow the
successful review report.
The ASO AC election procedures are found in Section 7 of the ASO
Operating Procedures and are available on the ASO website at:
Article VI of the ICANN Bylaws states that: “At any given time, no two
Directors selected by a Supporting Organization shall be citizens from
the same country or of countries located in the same Geographic Region.”
The ASO AC selection for Seat 10 of the ICANN Board of Directors resides
in the APNIC region, so nominees for Seat 9 cannot reside in the APNIC
If the ASO AC decides to conduct face-to-face interviews, candidates may
need to travel (once) during March or April 2012. Reasonable candidate
interview expenses related to hotel and airfares will be covered.
We expect all candidates to complete one or more questionnaires. Failure
to do this by the advised deadlines may rule them out of the selection
Submit nominations by email to nominations2012 at aso.icann.org including
the following information:
* Full name of the person being nominated
* Contact email address for the person being nominated
* Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
* Full name of the person making the nomination
* Contact email address for the person making the nomination
* Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The full time frame for the selection process is as follows:
* Nomination Phase 1 November 2011 to 16 January 2012
* Comment Phase 17 January 2012 – 19 April 2012
* Interview Phase 20 February 2012 – 19 April 2012
- The deadline for return of written questionnaires is 20 February 2012.
- Telephonic and face-to-face interviews with selected candidates may
* Selection Phase 23 April 2012 -14 May 2012
* Due Diligence Review 15 May 2012 – 15 June 2012
* Winner Announced 18 June 2012 (or earlier based on completion date of
due diligence review)
All phases will conclude at 23:59 UTC on the date specified.
secretariat at aso.icann.org
More information about the ARIN-announce