[arin-announce] Happy Earth Day from ARIN

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Apr 22 13:24:38 EDT 2011

A few years back, an ARIN Board member challenged us to look for ways to
become a “greener” organization. In response, ARIN developed specific
goals to minimize our waste, maximize our current usage of resources,
and reduce our carbon footprint.

To date, we have stepped up our commitment to recycling aluminum cans,
cardboard, and plastic containers. We have also replaced paper coffee
cups with mugs so everyone can still get their caffeine without filling
up the landfills. Now at the end of each Public Policy and Member
Meeting we offer a “badge amnesty” program where we collect meeting
badge holders so they can be recycled for future use. And all Staff,
Board, AC and ASO AC airline travel was coupled with the purchase of
Travel Carbon Offsets in 2010.

Several of our staff members have switched to hybrid vehicles and
motorcycles for commuting, and a number even cycle to work in good
weather – that is no small thing in Northern Virginia!

ARIN is pleased to be making strides with our green initiatives, and we
will continue to seek new ways to reduce our carbon footprint while
continuing to implement the programs we already have in place. Together
we believe that green thinking and doing can make a difference.

Happy Earth Day!

Communications and Member Services