[arin-announce] X.509 Certificates to be Deprecated

Member Services info at arin.net
Fri May 28 10:11:55 EDT 2010

ARIN is in the process of transitioning many of our current services to
the new web-based ARIN Online platform.  Because the web-based platform
will use a more secure authentication model, ARIN will be deprecating
support for X.509 certificates. After 28 May 2010, ARIN will not accept
new requests for X.509 certificates. ARIN will continue supporting the
use of X.509 certificates for user authentication until late 2010. After
that time, all transactions with X.509 signatures will no longer be
authenticated. We encourage people who are using X.509 to either move to
PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) or to use ARIN Online as new features become
available.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate
to contact us at hostmaster at arin.net.

Regards,

Leslie Nobile
Director of Registration Services