[arin-announce] Reminder - Transfer Listing Service Consultation - Important
jcurran at arin.net
Wed May 5 03:43:12 EDT 2010
ARIN Community -
This consultation will end in just over two weeks. Please submit any/all
comments as soon as possible in order for them to be considered in the
implementation of this service.
President and CEO
Begin forwarded message:
From: Member Services <info at arin.net<mailto:info at arin.net>>
Date: April 21, 2010 9:41:04 AM PDT
To: arin-announce at arin.net<mailto:arin-announce at arin.net>
Subject: [arin-announce] Consultation – Transfer Listing Service
ARIN is seeking community input regarding the implementation of a Transfer Listing Service for parties with documented need who are seeking IPv4 address space and parties who are authorized resource holders that may potentially be able to make IPv4 number resource available for transfer. The Transfer Listing Service is proposed to facilitate the implementation of Section 8.3 of the Number Resource Policy Manual (NRPM), entitled “Transfers to Specified Recipients”, which allows a party to designate transfer of IPv4 number resources to a specified qualified recipient.
The proposed Transfer Listing Service is located at www.arin.net/resources/transfer_listing.html<http://www.arin.net/resources/transfer_listing.html>. It is a hypothetical model to generate discussion; ARIN is specifically interested in receiving feedback on the following:
1. How long should ARIN offer a Transfer Listing Service and what, if any, conditions should be tied to its availability?
2. As proposed, there is a usage agreement for participation. Is this a fair and reasonable requirement?
3. Under what conditions should ARIN disallow or remove either an organization listing or seeking IPv4 address space from the service? For example, if an organization has a Registration Services Agreement
(“RSA”) with ARIN and is not current on payments with ARIN, should they be allowed to participate?
4. Should there be a fee associated with the Transfer Listing Service?
If so, on what factors should the fee be based?
5. Are there any other factors that ARIN should consider in providing this service?
A Transfer Listing Service will begin operation as soon as possible after the successful completion of this community consultation.
Comments regarding this proposed Transfer Listing Service can be submitted through the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion Process, available at: https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/index.html
Discussion on arin-consult at arin.net<mailto:arin-consult at arin.net> will close on 21 May 2010, at noon EDT.
ARIN welcomes community-wide participation. Please address any process questions to info at arin.net<mailto:info at arin.net>.
American Registry for Internet Numbers
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ARIN-announce