[arin-announce] Outcome of Community Consultation

Member Services info at arin.net
Tue May 8 11:40:23 EDT 2007

The result of Suggestion 2007.2, sent through the ARIN Consultation and
Suggestion Process and asking for the removal of the 256 WHOIS query
results limit, was an ARIN community consultation and polling. Links to
the consultation mailing list discussion and polling results are
available on the ARIN website at:
http://www.arin.net/acsp/community_consult/12-03-2007_WhoisQueryLimit.html.

Although the poll elicited very few strong opinions on whether or not to
increase the query results, ARIN feels that there was enough community
interest expressed in this topic that it merits further consideration.

Consequently, we will not raise the WHOIS query results limit at this
time, but will conduct testing of an increase to determine the impact on
performance of the current system. The testing will be scheduled in our
work plan in consonance with our current work load.

Regards,

Member Services