ARIN's Annual Election

Member Services memsvcs at arin.net
Mon Nov 1 09:52:56 EST 1999

Calling all members! ARIN's annual election to fill two Board of
Trustees and five Advisory Council (AC) seats begins today, November 1
at 9:00 a.m. EST. The election allows you just 7 days to vote, so vote
early and beat the rush!

Biographies of each candidate are posted on our web site for your
review, and an on-line voting system is provided to facilitate the
process. As many of you know, some of the nominees presented their
experience and qualifications at ARIN's recent Members' Meeting in
Denver, Colorado. Special thanks to all who participated in this and
the Public Policy Meetings -- the 3-day event was a very successful
and productive time. Be sure to read the minutes and peruse the
presentations from the meetings posted on our web site.

To cast your votes, go to ARIN's Voting Booth and follow the
instructions provided on each selection screen. You may vote for two
candidates for the Board and five candidates for the AC. The election
is a two-step process. First, you make your voting selections, then
you must respond to a confirmation email which is sent to the email
address of the member organization's designated representative or
point of contact (POC) that is registered with ARIN. This method of
verification will help to ensure that only designated member
representatives are participating.

All voting must be completed by 9:00 a.m. EST November 8, 1999, and
confirmed by 9:00 a.m. EST November 9, 1999 in order to be
counted. (Note: This time frame is in accordance with ARIN's bylaws
which require the voting period to be 7 calendar days. With a start
time of 9:00 a.m., the election must thus end exactly 7 calendar days
later at 9:00 a.m.)

These year-end elections are an important tool for members to
participate in ARIN's operations, and provide a real way to help shape
the course of IP addressing. Plus changes to ARIN's bylaws this year
allow the members to directly elect the Board of Trustees. We eagerly
anticipate the participation of all our members in this election and
in future ARIN activities. As always, thanks for your continuing
support.

Point your web browser to the following URL to access ARIN's Voting
Booth:
	http://rs1.arin.net/elections/election.html

The biographies for each candidate to the ARIN Advisory Council can
be found at:
	http://www.arin.net/members/acnominees.htm

The biographies for each candidate to the ARIN Board of Trustees can
be found at:
	http://www.arin.net/members/botnominees.htm

Regards,

David R Huberman,