ARIN Justified..

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed Jan 10 11:17:03 EST 2001

Two things:

	"grandfathered" delegations have been done so for a reason.
	changing the rules after the fact and forcing renumbering
	will bring legal challanges.

	segregation of endpoint identifiers from topology is a
	goal devoutly to be wished. unfortunately, in IP they are
	the same... even with v6. Nimrod attempted to fix the issue
	and there are some efforts to try and bring a working solution
	to light.