ARIN Justified...

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Tue Jan 9 21:56:22 EST 2001

Clayton Lambert wrote:

> As a person involved with a company that never had a /8 given to it...I say
> it isn't that difficult...They back it up, or they lose it...Point.

Certainly coming up with a theoretical process for the job is not a
problem.  Unfortunately, that isn't the only issue at hand.  One of the
fundamental problems is that ARIN has very little practical recourse when it
comes to re-claiming address space.  The only technical thing ARIN can do is
turn of in-addrs, which doesn't accomplish that much.

Alec

Alec H. Peterson - ahp at hilander.com
Staff Scientist
CenterGate Research Group - http://www.centergate.com
"Technology so advanced, even _we_ don't understand it!"