Abuse of ARIN policies.

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Fri Apr 27 06:32:21 EDT 2001

This is not that unusual. We ask similar questions any time my customer
asks for more ips - they have to provide list of ips currently in use with
either note saying how many sites are on that ip or if one site - listing
of it (we did not require before to list why one site is on this ip, but
will now based on ARIN asking for technical justification of ip usage, so
I could collect statistics and report back to arin next time we have to
ask for more ips). I generally do not ever refuse requests for more ips
and if customer says its urgent they get ips immediatly and have next
couple weeks to get back with their usage, I could only dream ARIN would
do something similar :)