Abuse of ARIN policies.

Andrew Metcalf prelude at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 27 18:05:41 EDT 2001

And they aren't exactly "demanding a customer list", the IPs you use and the
domains on them aren't really information that isn't available to the the
public anyway, anyone can do a whois on a domain and see who admins it. They
aren't asking for customer names and phone numbers.

 I have admined several ARIN blocks, they never asked for anything (besides
money) after the blocks were issued. I agree that you would really have to
kick up some flags before they asked for an audit. And a self done audit at
that, not exactly the IRS. For instance if the business plan for a block
owner completely changed ("we were an ISP, now we manufacture toast") I
think that would call for an audit.

andrew