Things that need to be addressed

Hilarie Orman HORMAN at novell.com
Fri Nov 17 17:50:08 EST 2000

That only addresses "self rating" and for one category.  The content rating
industry must be part of this discussion.  I've invited one list vendor, but there
must be 4 or 5 more.

Hilarie

Lee wrote:

> We addressed the netnanny issue years ago.
>
> I do name-based virtualhosting for nearly 3000 domains.  Part of the
> virtualhosting setup process is to ask the clinet what type of content will
> be on the site -- dirty stuff will be pointed at one IP, the clean stuff
> will point at another.  Done.

Hrm, rather simple solution, I would agree.

What do others think about this?

Alec

Alec H. Peterson - ahp at hilander.com
Staff Scientist
CenterGate Research Group - http://www.centergate.com
"Technology so advanced, even _we_ don't understand it!"